Saturday, December 31, 2011

... in books



I found a wonderful challenge at Reading with Tequila which is called 
2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge.

There is a list of books, 266 books to be precise, recommended by bloggers. The goal is to read some books from the list. You can chose between five different levels. Level I means reading 5 books from the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation List while level V means reading more than 20 books from the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation List. The recommendations are wonderful diverse and fabulous reads can be found there.

Here are the rules given by Jennifer.
  • Challenge will run January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. Participants can join anytime throughout the challenge.
  • Create an intro post, linking back to this post.
  • Sign up with the McLinky below. Please link to your challenge intro post, not your blog home page.
  • Chose your own books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
  • All forms of books acceptable (audiobooks, eBooks, etc.)
  • Rereads do not count towards the completion of the challenge. The challenge is about discovering books that are new to you.
  • You don't need a blog to participate.
  • Reviews, while always appreciated, are not mandatory.
I will definitely join this challenge because it gets me to read books I would not read without it. I would really love to read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte or The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. At least with Jane Eyre I am sure that I should read it as an English student. Fortunately one of the rules states that I do not have to make a list of books I will read prior to entering the challenge. So I can change my book choices throughout the year.

I will enter this challenge at Level II, which means I have to read at least 10 books from this list next year. Hopefully I will be able to read more that 10 but I would love to succeed in this challenge so I chose this low level to begin with.

This year I posted a “Books I read in 2011” list and I will do the same in 2012. When I finish a book that is on the 2011 Book Blogger Recommendation List I will clearly mark it for you to see.

I am so looking forward to this challenge and to the books I will discover through it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment