Sunday, January 8, 2012

... in books


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristie from The Story Siren

After two weeks of Christmas break I am back and what I will show you are all the books I received for Christmas. I ordered some via Book Depo last week but they haven’t arrived yet so I hope that they will be featured in next week’s IMM post.

Here the books my family got me for Christmas:


 two books of Jenn McKinley’s Cupcake Bakery Mystery series

also Jenn McKinley’s first in the new library lover’s mystery series Books can be Deceiving

Ben Aaronovitch’ Rivers of London which I already read and loved so much

 Lorna Berrett’s fifth Booktown Mystery book Sentenced to Death

JoAnna Carl’s The Chocolate Pirate Plot 

and two German books

J. B. Stanley’s Licence to Grill 

Nicht totzukriegen by Claus Vaske

 I also bought one book this week which was Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. I finished it in one sitting and enjoyed it so much. It is a wonderful Christmassy story told by Dash and Lily. It tells their story – how they met through small dares they write in a red notebook and place it all over New York City for the other one to find. The book is a wonderful weekend read and I can really recommend it to all of you.

Last week I received my first ARC of Robert Shield’s Daphne and the Mysterious Girls Secret Bathroom Society which I read and reviewed on my blog. I received this book as an e-book from the author and can highly recommend this one as well.

I hope that my mailbox will be full of books next week and I am looking forward browsing your In My Mailbox posts too.

3 comments: