Tuesday, April 10, 2012

... in books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This week they want to know our  Top Ten Books That Were Totally Deceiving 

This week’s question was really hard for me because I couldn’t think of many books that were deceiving. So I will name books that were different than expected as well. 

Sex, Lies and Online Dating by Rachel Gibson
I thought it would be a typical romcom but it was more of a mystery story (which I loved)

Those Faraday Girls by Monica McInerney
I never thought that this story would be so moving and emotional when looking at the cover

The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper
I though that this story would deal with Romeo and Juliet (at least a bit) as it also said on the blurb but the only connection to the Bard I made out was that the students performed scenes from the play at the last evening.

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik
I never thought that this book would be so good and so close to the original story – Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
This book was in no way what I expected

As you can see I was only able to come up with five books I found deceiving or irritating in a way; mostly because I expected something different.


3 comments:

  1. You may have only come up with five, but they are all new to me. Thank you!

    Here's my
    Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Were Deceiving.
    I'd love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you liked Epic Fail! I've been curious about that one. Great choices.
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Those Faraday Girls looks like a good read.

    http://ajarndtbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete