Friday, May 4, 2012

... in books

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Ginger at GReads! 

This week she wants to know:
Literary Vacations: If you could take a trip this summer to any place within a fictional book, where would you go? Tell us about your summer dream vacation!

I love summer vacations and I am sorry to say that there is no such thing planed for this summer. I will, as every year, spend some days with my mum in London to attend a Quilt Show in Birmingham and enjoy London but that is my summer vacation for this year. 
If I could travel anywhere I want I would pick the setting from Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes or from Juliet by Anne Fortier. I know, how creative! I could pick Narnia, Hogwarts or the Inkworld and I pick Italy, which is right around the corner and an existing country. 


But I love Italy and especially Tuscany. It’s been too long since I last have been there and I would love to wander the streets of Florence, Siena or eat the best Pizza Tonno at the piazza in Volterra. I long for a warm day spend in a garden sitting in the shade of an olive tree reading or staring at the pine trees that surround me. There is nothing more claming for me than the Tuscan landscape and I fall in love with this countryside every time the sun goes down and everything around you starts to shimmer in this golden light. 


So that is why I would immediately pick Tuscany as my place to be and maybe to stay – forever!


9 comments:

  1. Die Toscana... ich liebe sie.

    LG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh take me with you :-) I would love to visit Tuscany too - it sounds enchanting.

    Tamya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take you with me. Italy is simply the best :)

      Delete
  3. I think Italy is a great choice! I have always wanted to see Venice especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Venice is beautiful but there are so many other cities in Italy that are extremely amazing and breathtaking. I love Florence and Rome has a magical flair. You should go there one day. It's worth it!

      Delete
  4. Italy is one of the places I would visit when I'm capable to travel. I think the culture there is very diverse and welcoming. I would visit Rome and Vatican, hopefully, as I'm a Catholic. Happy reading!

    -Ivan
    Rumpelstiltskin and Co.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit Italy, too! (I didn't even know the English word for Toskana was Tuscany. *ashamed face*)

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to go to Tuscany, was eyeing up villa holidays there not to long ago. I love Venice and the lakes and just enjoy the food and culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lifestyle is what appeals to me too. I just feel like an Italian by heart.

      Delete