This week is my Blogoversary Week!
I started this blog on October 16th 2011 and to celebrate I asked 6 of my all time favorite book bloggers to write a review of their favorite book that they read
between October 2011 and September 2012.a Rafflecopter giveaway
One year ago on the 16th of October I started this wonderful blog and because of this I celebrate my first Blogoversary this week with guest posts from six different and fabulous book bloggers from all over the world.
My Life… was born out of two other blogs I already had – one showing photography and one talking about books. I took those and merged them together and created this lovely blog you are reading right now.
Over this past year I learned a lot about blog layouts, changed mine a few times, created buttons for my blog, my photochallenge and my blogoversary, experimented with review styles until I found one I really like, participated in memes and got to know so many wonderful bloggers. I also discovered Twitter and Goodreads and I love this interaction with my bookish friends. I discovered many new genres, like YA and Steampunk, which I’m sure I hadn’t tried if I had not read all those amazing book blogs that are out there. I received some ARCs which was and still is pretty amazing and I had some awesome discussions with authors I adore.
This year was an amazing one for me reading, blogging and socializing wise and I would like to take the time to thank all of you who read and comment here so regularly. Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and read my ramblings in my little corner of the internet.
I would also like to say a huge thank you to some very special people I met during the last year:
- Daisy from Between the Pages for super funny Twitter conversations
- Kat from The Aussie Zombie for everything – she is really special to me
- Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl for writing amazing reviews, having a similar taste in books as I have and therefore adding loads of books to my TBR and for being awesome to chat with
- Jen from Makeshift Bookmark because she entertains me so much with her tweets during boring lectures
- Dani from Pen to Paper for many awesome conversations and for the idea of meeting in person when I’m back in Birmingham next year
- Alexa from Alexa loves Books for introducing me to many great (travel related) books
- Ginger from GReads! for introducing me to Pumpkin Spice Lattes, for recommending books and music and for some good ideas how to bring books into school (if I ever finish my studies and really are a teacher)
- Kristie from The Story Siren for being a great inspiration without her knowing about it
- Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner for mentioning so many great books on her blog, introducing the Top Ten Tuesday meme on The Broke and the Bookish and for writing super entertaining blog posts
- Vicky from Books, Biscuits and Tea for being so sweet and for always being there when I am in desperate need of a chat- or rant-session via Twitter
- Michelle Madow for writing awesome books, retweeting my reviews and being a wonderful person to correspond with
- Ali McNamara for writing one of my all time favorite books, for tweeting hilarious pictures of your dogs and for being a wonderful person to chat to
- Monica McInerney for being the nicest person ever and for sending me not one but two signed books over from Dublin
I could go on and on and on but I am sure you all know how much I love you all! Thank you for celebrating my first Blogoversary with me and for many many more to come.
To celebrate my first blogoversary
I will give away a book of your choice
up to $15 from Book Depo
VII - very important information:
- to enter please follow the instructions in the rafflecopter form.
- you must be at least 13 years old or have your parents permission to enter.
- this giveaway is open internationally as long as Book Depo ships to you.
- the winner will be announced on the blog after the giveaway ends.
- to protect your privacy please do not leave your e-mail adress in the comment section.