Thursday, March 21, 2013

...in books



Review
Audrey, Wait!
by Robin Benway

First sentence:
The day I broke up with my boyfriend Evan was the day he wrote the song..

Summary:
California high school student Audrey Cuttler dumps self-involved Evan, the lead singer of a little band called The Do-Gooders. Evan writes, “Audrey, Wait!” a break-up song that’s so good it rockets up the billboard charts. And Audrey is suddenly famous!
Now rabid fans are invading her school. People is running articles about her arm-warmers. The lead singer of the Lolitas wants her as his muse. (And the Internet is documenting her every move!) Audrey can’t hang out with her best friend or get with her new crush without being mobbed by fans and paparazzi.
Take a wild ride with Audrey as she makes headlines, has outrageous amounts of fun, confronts her ex on MTV, and gets the chance to show the world who she really is.
source: Goodreads

My opinion:
Jamie, the mastermind behind The Perpetual Page Turner and The Broke and the Bookish, recommended this book to me and I usually can’t read one of her reviews without checking the book out for myself and I hardly happens that I don’t put them on my wish-list.

Audrey, Wait! seemed to be just another one of Jamie’s reviews I need to check out but she raved about it so much that I bought it straight away and I’m glad I did. The idea of the book is quite unique and hilarious. Every other page I had to stop reading to think about all the crazy things that had just happened to Audrey, who tries so hard just to be normal but isn’t after her ex-boyfriend wrote a song about her which became popular.

None can imagine how hard it must be for people to become famous over night and Audrey, Wait! gives a bit of an insight of what might happen and how you will struggle. This book was funny and witty and plain awesome! I cannot believe that I didn’t discover it earlier but I’m so happy that it was recommended to me and that I read it.

It’s one of those books that are not popular enough and that I will, from now on, recommend to everyone. I will definitely check out more of Robin Benway’s books.

For more information about Robin Benway visit her Homepage, Facebook and Twitter pages.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book too! It's such a hidden gem. Very funny, and so sweet. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete