Sunday, August 18, 2013

...in books

April from Good Books and Good Wine created a wonderful 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge! Check it out and if you'll participate link your post to April's original post.

Day 9: Why do you blog about books?

When I first started blogging I created a Photo-Blog. Ihad set myself the challenge of posting a daily picture for a year and ended up doing it for two. After two years of taking a picture, downloading, editing and uploading it, I was looking for a change.

I was a reader my whole life and since there are no book clubs dealing with my kind of books here in Austria, I decided starting a book blog in October 2011. I was looking for an outlet for all my thoughts about the books I've read and other personal stuff and I found a lovely community of book lovers equally obsessed with the written word as I am. I'm sure you can imagine my enthusiasm!

I never ever thought about not blogging about books mainly because I think you should blog about something you feel passionate about and for me that's books.

On my blog I can review them, talk about them, rave about them, their influence on my life, the lack of books in my friend's lifes, etc.

Due to my blog I found friends in Australia, the States, the UK, the Netherlands, Hungary, Italy, ...

Without reading my life wouldn't be complete but after almost two yearsof being part if the book blogging community I can say that without my little corner of the internet and all my bookish friends I would miss something that's now a big part of my life and daily routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment