Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Blogoversary Bash: Day 2

Today is the second day of my Blogoversary Week! I've been blogging for three years now and to celebrate I asked some of my best book blogging buddies if they wanted to celebrate with me. Today the lovely Celine from Nyx Book Reviews is sharing her  
Top Three Favorite Travel Destinations
 
First of all I would like to congratulate Karin on her third blogoversary. Yay! I can't believe it's been three years already. I wish you many years of further blogging awesomeness (: As part of the celebrations on Life of Karin I'm sharing a few of my favourite travels.

Stockholm
Choosing a destination for third place was the hardest! There are so many cities and places that I love, but I think I'll have to go for Stockholm. We went in the middle of the winter, and stayed there for a day and a half. Stockholm is built on several islands connected by tunnels and bridges, and has an interesting contrast of the "old" neighbourhood Gamla Stan and the other extremely modern building style. Stockholm has a great atmosphere, plenty of coffee shops, yummy food, and fun museums.

Edinburgh
I think Edinburgh might be my new favourite travel destination in the UK (sorry London). It's cityscape is dominated by Edinburgh Castle, and the rest of the city is winded around the foot of its hill. Edinburgh has this amazing 18th century feel, with beautiful shopping streets in the centre. I also love that it's not as massive and insanely crowded as London. The only downside is that their bus system is incomprehensible. But they do have giant pandas and great free museums!

Rome
We visited Rome with school, and I think this made the whole experience even better. For someone with a fascination for Antiquity, Rome is amazing. Walking through the city is almost like walking through a museum, so much of the Roman architecture has been kept. Rome is also filled to the brim with gorgeous churches and squares with beautiful fountains. I don't think I ever walked as much and seen as many sights as I have in one week in Rome. It also has a very fun night life in summer, where people will just have a drink and watch the Trevi fountain or sit on the Spanish steps.

all pictures taken be Celine

 
Thank you Celine for sharing your favorite travel destinations with us today. I've never been to Stockholm but I need to go soon. Rome is one of my favorite cities too. I love the contrast of old and new and the Italians, their food and their way of life adds so much to the whole experience. Come back tomorrow for another guestpost by one of my favorite book people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment