Sunday, October 19, 2014

Blogoversary Bash: Day 7

Today is the last day of my Blogoversary Week! I've been blogging for three years now and to celebrate I asked some of my best book blogging buddies if they wanted to celebrate with me. Today Vicky from Books, Biscuits and Tea and my mum are sharing some recipes with us. My dog Felix also wanted to have his paws in this post. So here are:

Three Top Recipes


Vicky is sharing Marian Keyes' Strawberry Cupcakes
Very few people know this but I absolutely love baking. There’s nothing better than curling up with a good book, a nice cup of tea and some freshly baked desserts. Unfortunately, what with work and other things, I don’t have the chance to spend as much time in the kitchen as I’d like to. But, I have one recipe which always comes in handy when I’m craving something sweet but don’t have enough time to make anything fancy or experiment with more difficult recipes.

One of my favourite authors, the lovely Marian Keyes, released a recipe book called Saved by Cake last year. It has a whole chapter on cupcakes and I fell in love with her Sweet & Simple Strawberry Cupcakes right away. They’re SO easy to make and they’re ready in 20-25 minutes. If you’d like to give them a try, here’s the recipe.

For 12 cupcakes you will need:
200g fresh strawberries
100ml sunflower oil
90g caster sugar
2 eggs
180g plain flour
¾ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda


Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 and line a 12-hole cupcake tray with paper or silicone cases. Wash and hull the strawberries and mash until they’re pulpy.
Beat the oil, sugar and eggs together for a few minutes until the mix starts to look caramelly. Add the pulped strawberries, sieve in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and fold through. Pour the thinnish batter into the cases and bake for about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and decorate pinkly.

Tip: I always end up using 300 – 330g of strawberries to make the strawberry flavour a bit stronger. If you haven’t tried the recipe yet, I’d say try it with 200g first and see what works for you.

Another thing I noticed is that I almost always need more than 20 minutes of baking time. Again, you’ll need to experiment and see what works for you. Check them after 20 minutes and if they’re still a bit sticky, increase the temperature to 200 ºC and put them back in a few more minutes.


Felix is sharing his favorite way to bake brownies
Since I am a dog and therefor not an expert at baking I usually make my brownies with the help of a brownie-mix. Here's what I do. 
  • Wash my paws because clean paws are essential while baking. 
  • Rip open package with teeth. 
  • Spit out those nasty little bits of carton that get stuck in my teeth.
  • Put brownie-mix in a bowl that was provided by your owner. 
  • Put in the other ingredients that are mentioned on the back of the box (if you can still read it after ripping the box open). 
  • Mix together. 
  • Lick your paw.
  • Add additional flavors if you want. I prefer beef or pork but my owners usually like nuts better.
  • Mix well. 
  • Lick your paw. 
  • Look sad at your owner so that she will put the baking dish together. 
  • Lick her toes to show her how grateful you are. 
  • Put brownie dough into baking dish. 
  • Lick your paw. 
  • Pat down so that it is one even layer. 
  • Lick your paw. 
  • Sprinkle with chocolate (if you want).
  • Put it into the oven but be careful not to burn your nose. 
  • When the alarm rings (hopefully your owner set one), go to the oven, look sadly at it and let your owner take out the brownies. 
  • Snif to check that they are ready. 
  • Lick your nose to check again of they are ready. 
  • Put your paw on the brownie and look at your owner. She should put caster sugar on the brownie. 
  • Lick your paw. 
My mum is sharing her favorite Banana and Chocolate Muffins
We often bake muffins on the weekend and one of our favorites are Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are light and fluffy with a subtle chocolate taste and so easy to make. 

For 12 Muffins you will need:
190 g of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda
75 g of chocolate chips
2 eggs
120 g of sugar
80 ml vegetable oil
4 bananas

Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 and line a 12-hole cupcake tray with paper or silicone cases. 
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips in one bowl. In another bowl mix eggs, sugar and oil. Mash up your bananas with a fork and add to the mixture. Combine fry and wet ingredients. Pour the batter into the cases and bake for about 20 minutes. Let them cool. If you want you can decorate them with banana chips or some melted chocolate. 



I hope you enjoyed these three rather different recipes and let me know if you try any of them.



Thank you Vicky, mum and Felix  for sharing your favorite recipes with us today. Sadly today is the last day of my blogoversary week 2014. I enjoyed celebrating with you all and a huge 
 
to all of my friends who wrote guestposts this week. I am so glad that you're all my friends!
Don't forget to enter my blogoversary giveaway here!

No comments:

Post a Comment